Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A thread about PBB, and our future.

5 posters

Go down

A thread about PBB, and our future. Empty A thread about PBB, and our future.

Post  Saerimner Sun May 24, 2009 2:55 am

Greetings!

I joined ya'll about a month ago, and I'm surprised how well the core of the guild help and look out for eachother. I also like the fact that you are not afraid to boot players who behave badly, which in turn creates a much better environment for us that are online.

That being said we have a few problems around that corner, one of them is something we can do naught about (Summer, alot of guilds die during summer time, prepare for a few months of less activities. =)) but I feel I must point out a few issues that we can do something about:

1. I know this is like swearing inside a church. But I can not for the life of me understand why we don't allow elves etc into the guild. The idea is fun, for a RP guild - A bunch of grumpy dwarves running around.

But we're not a roleplay guild, and we like to chat and have fun. The guild has no use for tons of alts of players who's got their main in other guilds. We have about 250 members (many alts are ours, ofc), but only 1-15 ppl are online, mostly not even 10. The guild benefits soooo much more from a friendly, social, lvl 40 archmage than 10 dwarven alts who're never online. And it's harder to motivate yourself helping someone you've never seen before, compared to someone who's online frequently.

2. We should start looking more actively for players, invite guildless people to our group to get to know us. And ignore the fact that it gives us a lil bit less xp. Without a core of active high level players and high level activities (In this game T4 is a good start imho, not only lvl 40's) a guild won't survive. I don't think we have that problem as much as the guilds I've been in during my 10 years in MMO's, but it's always been the same so far. If the guild don't move forward the active players will eventually leave, and we don't want that! I think this is an issue worse for pure PVE games though.

3. Try to be more active in T4 RvR with the mains. After all, this is where we meet new potential guild members, and find alliances.

What do you think, anything worth considering?

Saerimner

Back to top Go down

A thread about PBB, and our future. Empty Re: A thread about PBB, and our future.

Post  Paddy Wed May 27, 2009 7:08 am

you have a very valid point, will post a poll on the subject my personal opinion is go for it
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

https://poweredbybeer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A thread about PBB, and our future. Empty Re: A thread about PBB, and our future.

Post  Druri Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 am

I'd like to second this, tbh - we need as many active members as we can get, and there's no reason to turn down active players (and particularly healers) on the grounds that they're Elves.

I'd also like to suggest we punt anyone not seen online for more than 2 weeks, unless they've given a reason for it on this forum. There's still at least a third of our members who've never returned, and really, if you haven't gone back to your level 4 Ironbreaker since the middle of April you're probably never coming back. Our contributions to the guild XP level are modified depending on the total size of the guild, and so the 30-ish active players we do have are carrying a lot of dead weight with 120+ alts and drop-outs.

I'd even go so far as to say we should remove all the alts from the 'real' guild and set them up in a seperate guild (powered by shandy or something), allied to the main one. This way, we'd still be able to contact anyone playing on an alt in /a, but we'd get the main guild up to level 40 that much quicker and get all the nice rewards guild levels bring. We'd likely have managed at least 5 more guild levels without all the dead weight.

Finally, I'd strongly suggest we stop recruiting at under about level 30. Far too many of the inactive level 4 baggage we've picked up is from people randomly recruiting some low leveler who's only rolled their character that afternoon, and hasn't even decided if they like it yet. Any player who's dragged their character to level 30 is unlikely to give up any time soon, and will be online and active in end-game, where we need them most.

Druri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kedreak Wed May 27, 2009 4:43 pm

The idea of more players, I.E. more tank classes, healers and dps, is a good idea too. With more players etc, and more activeness, it also allows us to meet more people and get the guilds level up quicker. We can also get a lot more instances going, for example, Mount Gunbad, and Bastion Stairs.

I also say, there is a few people that I have met and that they want to do an alliance with our guild. < Angels Don't Kill > is the guild name, they are a new starting guild, and would like to alliance with us.
Also with a new guild (they are level 6/7 can't remember what level, and they have around 40 ish members) allying with us gives us both a chance to level up together and work together. We also get to learn things about alliances together, instead of a high level guild teaching us about a lot of things and about the alliances.

Kedreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Saerimner Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Thanks for the comments!

I agree Druri, low lvl toons could be booted more often, and we should raise the lvl required to join us. As you say, most of these low lvl chars won't be played again anyway.

And Ked - you are right. We should (it's important that we do) aim to do demanding PvE-zones way more often. The more active we are on higher levels the more likely it is that other will want to join us aswell.

Saerimner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazamin Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:42 pm

I agree totally, which is why I suggested to Shish that all the officers get together online on saturday to sort things out, I sent you all a message about it. Unfortunatley I don't think its gonna happen, as people do have other real life commitments. I think this thread will probably do for a discussion though and people all seem to be thinking along similar lines. I would add to it that certain things should be sorted out, so people know what their responsibilities are and what they are allowed to do, we had the situation where no one was using guild standards because no one knew whether they should take standard bearer of other people, and tactic points for standards are often there for a long time before anyone spends them, we should know what we want for the standard and who ever is online at the time buys the next point. I would also suggest as senior members we should all be a) as active as possible (within reason) b) Organising and participating in guild activities as often as possible. Secondly, we should the same from members, there is no point in being a member if you don't participate in the guild, although obviously more should be expacted from more senior members then newer ones. Finally, the guild ranks, what does each rank mean, who promotes people, what do you have to do to get promoted, at the moment we have more in Bugmans right hand, then in a lot of lower ranks. I'll probably add more when I think of it, but it would be a shame for this guild to go down, as everyone in it is always helpful and friendly.

edit- I think we should have guild recruiters listed on our guild page, at the mo if someone finds our guild and Shish is not online they don't know who to contact, I'd be more than happy to volunteer myself, as I'm on far too much anyway. lol

Last edited by Dazamin on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : remembered something else. lol)

Dazamin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saerimner Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:05 pm

As I said in the in-game mail i sent ya - Sat will be hard, need to help a friend moving. Sunday lunch time will work i think. This thread could do, but meetings are always better. Since you get more said in 1hr online than 2 days on a forum.

The low level recruiting thingie is a tough nut, as Killer pointed out it will be VERY hard finding unguilded T4 players (I kinda forgot that in my eagerness. But atleast we can invite em now, regardless of race and class). I am most possitive some will leave their guilds to join us when we've grown a little, but we really need to start looking more actively.

Maybe T2 (15ish?) and up would be a good start? After all, going from 18 to like 31 or so don't take more than a few weeks if you put your back into it. Damn this is tricky... Quite a few of us was recruited at really low levels, right?

And I really need education in many of the aspects of the game besides leveling and doing sc's. I know naught about Standards, tactic points and very little about seiges and claiming forts.

I think we should try to get more people reading the forum more frequently aswell. A lively forum kinda sais something about guild activities.

We should try to reach a desicion about this asap if you ask me. During the summertime loads of ppl will be leaving dying guilds, if we have a clear strategy by then we can snitch some of em!

Saerimner

Back to top Go down

Post  Kedreak Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:08 pm

We should have a Guild Meeting sometime, to get all of these things sorted out.

If we can sort out what is wrong, sort the inactive and also sort out flag bearers etc, in other words, sort out the guild hehe for better purposes if you know what I mean.

Kedreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Kedreak Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:08 pm

We should have a Guild Meeting sometime, to get all of these things sorted out.

If we can sort out what is wrong, sort the inactive and also sort out flag bearers etc, in other words, sort out the guild hehe for better purposes if you know what I mean.

Kedreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazamin Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:48 pm

Yeah, I read your message about not being able to make saturday, I think this post might be a better way of doing things at the mo then a meeting, it's tricky to get everyone together, cos everyone has their own set of commitments, which lets face it are more important than a computer game. This way we can all give our opinions when we have time and everything can be considered over the week.

In regards to low level members, how about if we had regular pq runs in lower tiers, that way some of us higher levels could help lower levels rank up, and if some of us used t4 characters ands some alts, it would also give us a chance to level our alts. In some ways I think its less important what level people are and more important that they conribute to the guild. As Saerimner pointed out a lot of us were low level when we joined, I was still in T1.

On the issue of standards, I would suggest that we have some stat and ability buffs, then when we fully unlock the second standard we have one with xp, inf and renown to help people level up. I don't think we need to be the kind of guild that only wants top level players, if we were most of us wouldn't have joined.

Dazamin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saerimner Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:40 pm

Nah, absolutely no need for trying to go uber. That'd be a commitment to the game I think most of aren't ready to make. After all, summertime - with BBQ's and beer is just around the corner. Smile

Bigger, and active is a great start!

Saerimner

Back to top Go down

Post  Druri Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:40 pm

I'd say recruiting no-one under level 20 is a happy compromise on the minimum level; it's high enough to show some dedication to the character but low enough that there's a decent sized recruitment pool. We can't go on with mass recruiting as it stands, we have to put some form of filtering on it if we want to get the guild rank to a decent level, which in turn will provide us with lots of benefits to our existing membership, who are currently seeing very little for their tax dollars, and also make us a more attractive guild for prospective high-activity members. I do think we should do a quick cull of the one-off characters tho; anything level 10 or under who's not been seen in 2 weeks.

I think we should also be looking at claiming some keeps. We're paying 15% in tax now, we have a healthy stack of cash, and it's good advertising. Plus, we'll get shiny loot bags.

Also, I agree completely that we need to have the ranks defined properly somewhere so we know what they mean. An awful lot of them are exactly the same, and a lot of people in the bottom 5 seem to have been given ranks randomly between them which make no difference whatsoever.

Finally, we should be looking at organizing some T4 PVE now that we have plenty of members for it. We've been doing Gunbad over and over for weeks, I feel like I've got nothing to do but farm renown anymore. Our most active members are nearly all T4 on at least one of their characters, it seem odd to keep farming a T3 instance.

Druri

Back to top Go down

Post  Saerimner Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:06 am

You're right about that Druri - We need to advance i PvE soon (I can't say that I'm overwhelmed of the thought of going to mt gunbad anymore). And when you hit 40 there's nothing to do besides, as you said, farm renown (which will get boring). Imho level cap needs to be raised soon, and those levels should be HARD to gain.

Saerimner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down